EAL Part’P’ Domestic Installer Course
Who is this course aimed at:
This course is designed for those wishing to self certify their own Domestic Electrical installations. The course has the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (City & Guilds 2382) bolted onto the end of it to give you the qualifications along with your experience to join one of the Competent Self Certification Scheme Bodies i.e, NICEIC, NAPIT and ELECSA to name a few of the more recognised companies.
The course covers:
- Regulations and Acts involved with Part’P’.
- Earthing Systems.
- Domestic Wiring Systems, (Including a brief overview of Heating Systems).
- Practical installation in realistic training rigs.
- Inspection & Testing, (including certification completion training).
- Understanding types of cables and equipment used in Domestic work.
- Understanding registration and inspection processes by competent persons.schemes.
The course is over 7 days (not weekends!) and has 3 days bolted on for the 17th Edition Regulation BS7671:2008 Amd 1 :2011 course needed to required join one of the awarding body schemes.
What books do I require and where can I get them?
(You can purchase these books on our website)
- You will need the IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations: 2008 Amendment 1 (2011) ‘Green’ book £60.00 (Amazon)
- The Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations £16.99 (Amazon)
- On-Site Guide (incorporating Amendment 1) £22.50 (Amazon)
(Prices accurate on 19/11/2012)
Course Bullet Points:
- 7 days training including online and practical assessments (Without 17th Edition) £795 plus vat.
- 10 days training including online and practical assessments with 17th Edition Regulations, £1100 plus vat.
- Inclusive of assessments/registration/refreshments
- Tutor support via email and Atlantic ,’Drop in’ evenings (free).